Friday, March 4, 2011

Guest Post: Look Linger Love!!!




You know how there is always that "one girl" who always looks amazing, her house is to die for, and her kids are super adorable? Yeah, that girl is Chassity from Look Linger Love.  She puts the "awesome" in awesome sauce. That is probably why I'm kinda addicted to her blog. Is there a program for that yet???

But instead of hating her guts, I just love her to pieces! She has such an amazing eye and her blog is always a blast to read. She is laugh-out-loud funny! That is probably why her blog is so insanely popular!  So instead of rambling on and on about my crush on her, why don't we just tour her absolutely fabulous home, shall we??? (c:


Hey Everyone! Chassity here from Look Linger Love, and I'm so happy to be popping in today at Aubrey's blog.  I love this girl.  Her blog banter cracks me up because she always tells it how it is.  And I'm flattered that she invited me to participate in this series.

My husband and I built our home 2 years ago.  So I was fortunate enough to get to pick out, well, everything.  And I had so much fun doing it.  But like most everyone, our home is still a work in progress.  There are some blank walls, i could use a few console tables... you know how it goes.  But here are some of the ways I've made our home our own.

I have things that I love stashed in various spots.  I wore this mask for halloween, and couldn't bear to put it away.  So it sits in a bookcase among some of my favorite books in our office.


Those cabinets house all sorts of little things that I love.  Like a painting my daughter (10 months at the time) did.


We had a live event artist at our wedding reception 4 years ago.  This painting that you see here in the dining room is what he created during the event.  I love getting to glance at this everyday.
(Aubrey and her big mouth: How stinkin' cool is that??? Fabulous art with sentimental value = Priceless...plus that chandelier rocks my world.)


The art above our bed is actually a piece that I gave Josh while we were dating.  It's of Shem Creek here in Charleston, SC.  And you can see the exact spot where he picked me up.  Ha.  So true though.


I really wanted a spa like bathroom, and this shower was my interpretation of morning perfection.  It's so spacious, and i love that you just walk right into it.


I love having a large open kitchen that functions all around a long and wide island.  I sort of wonder how we would function without it!
(Aubrey: Literally swooning right now...what I wouldn't give for that ridiculously A-mazing kitchen!!!)

Lilly's room is one of my most favorite spaces.  Maybe b/c it pretty much glows a soft pink.  But there are little touches throughout that mean something.  Cute clothes I adore her in, her initial in a small art setting above her crib, little magnets that spell out "Lilly" over one of my favorite bunny prints by Kiki & Polly.  The 3 flamingos print is from Lilly's first "book signing" she attended at just 3 months old by author Jonathan Miller.  She's a big fan of his book The Adventures of Sammy.  Oh and that picture of a little boy in the pink frame is my husband running on the beach when he was little. 


Lastly, even though I live 5 minutes from the beach I am very much a pool kind of girl (yes I go to the beach too).  We have a small pool sandwiched in between our house and garage, and it's well used!!  I really love the check patterned patio that we designed.  {And the red door to the garage!!}


Thanks to Aubrey and Everyone who has made it this far into the post listening to me ramble about myself.  Surprise, you win a million dollars.  Of course you don't.  But I will give you all big web style hugs and kisses.
xoxo,
Chassity

Thanks so much for being here Chassity!!!

See? I told you she is fabulous.

If you don't already read her blog because you are living under a rock or something...check it out!!!

That's it for now for the "how to make your home your own" series....awww, don't cry!
It will be back April 4th with more fabulous guests and their abodes!!!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Her home is amazing! That shower is tdf!

Julia Ryan said...

I love the three flamingos! Miller is one of our favorites too!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

amen to being a pool gal, i love me so beach to look at and a pool to swim in!

lizziefitz said...

Seriously. You are like a super star! Right up there with Gweneth. You house, eye for fashion, your family, and lifestyle is impeccable. Please tell me you at least have a junk drawer or SOMETHING? Happy Weekend!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Wow, I love your home more and more every time I see pictures of it Chassity. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The patio on the pool is just great!

Unknown said...

I'm with Alex, just gets better every time- you know I love your entire house but that pool...seriously makes me swoon. Just gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Any day with double Chassity is great thanks Aubrey, you girls are awesome sauce :)

Bud and Leo said...

Seriously that was amazing and to top is off with so much sentimental value- wow. Beautiful!

Amber Interiors said...

LOve her love her style...she is a superstar!!!

Unknown said...

I love Chassity's home! It is as fabulous as she.

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Oh man, what an intro, Aubrey??! We know none of this is true, as I sit here in pjs at 11:22 am writing this comment!!

Thanks everyone for such nice and amazing comments. Love you all. xoxo.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Chassity, your house is stunning!!

And Aubrey, you crack me up :)

Nuha said...

You're description of Chassity is dead on. Love her!

And so happy to have found your blog!!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I know, right??? It's such an incredibly gorgeous abode and sorry Chassity...you will just have to suffer through my adoration...(c: Love ya, girlie!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful home!! That kitchen is just amazing!!

Simply LKJ said...

Love her! And, her home is to die for!! Who knew...a pool too?!!! Love it!

A Vintage Vine said...

Great house..there is not an inch I do not like!

Abby M. Interiors said...

That kitchen is a show stopper! But I would take any room in her house. You can tell it was designed with love!
abby

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Beautiful post! I could look at Chassity's home all day. I also love her blog, and I now follow yours too! So happy to find it! :)

Michaela said...

AMAZING! Love Chassity and her beautiful home (: I think we should have a pool party soon!

emily said...

Her home is absolutely beautiful. And so fun to hear the stories behind the gorgeous artwork in her home!

Sarah Greenman said...

Her house is off the hook amazing. And that shower? Pool? Nursery? Dinning room? All of it is so beautifully designed and livable.

Victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Ummm, her home is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Ummm, I thought my jealousy of her home had peaked...until I saw her shower and pool!!! gorgeous!!! unfortunately, chassity is impossible to hate! xoxo

Katie Olthoff said...

sigh. That kitchen! Amazing!