Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Guest Post: Classically Eclectic!!!





Today I'm so excited to have Kelly from Classically Eclectic sharing her beautifully and creative home and great tips with us!!! What?!? You haven't heard of Classically Eclectic??? Does "1551 Transformed" ring a bell? (c: Yeah, I thought so! She has just changed her fabulous blog's name to Classically Eclectic, which really couldn't be more perfect!

Now, you only get to see her home today, but her blog is full of great ideas for your home...and she does the most fantastic table settings...and wait until you see her "book table"...*love*!



Hello All Things Bright and Beautiful readers!!! Kelly from Classically Eclectic here!
I’m so excited to be participating in Aubrey’s series, “How You Make Your Home
Your Own”!

Let’s get right to it then! I personally think the easiest way to make your home your
own is to surround yourself with things you love, find to be aesthetically appealing,
and have meaning to you!


One of the things I love (in small doses) is bright color.
Pillows are an easy way to add color to any room.




*Our family room is still a work in progress, but I love the cheerfulness the pillows bring to the room!

I also love greenery (faux or fresh). I try to buy fresh flowers a few times a month, but I also keep lots of plants and other “green items” in our home:


Since we don't currently use our fireplace, it has an assortment of moss balls. 

I keep lots of plants around the house:



 Other things I love and try to incorporate in our home are rocks (I used to collect them as a kid) and books!

This side table of books is the easiest piece of furniture I’ve ever “made”!!!!


My cookbooks are kept in place with a lovely geode: 


Books and Abalone (my favorite shell): 


Thanks again, Aubrey, for having me! I can’t wait to see how other bloggers make their homes their own!


If you aren't convinced that she is absolutely fabulous...check out her newest find...I know, right?

Fabulous.

Thanks for being here, Kelly!!!

If you haven't already, enter the GIVEAWAY for those fabulous books and be back tommorrow for Abby from A Delightful Design


15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing more of Kelly's home! She has great style!

Bud and Leo said...

Love the sidetable of books! I must make one immediately! :)

Unknown said...

I love all the tiny little details...great pick!

Abby M. Interiors said...

Kelly has a beautiful home! I especially love that gold turtle. Thanks for sharing!
Abby

Anonymous said...

love the stack of books as a sidetable - clever and colorful :)

xo,
joAnn

Anonymous said...

love the fireplace. I just wrote a post yesterday about other things to do with your fireplace!

Unknown said...

So many pretty things- I love the abalone shell and the books- her pillows are fabulous. Loved this look into Kelly's beautiful home!

Kelly Krugh said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments!!! Aubrey, thanks so much for having me!!! :)

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Love her coffee table and all the beautiful books! didn't know about her name change...thanks for sharing the info!! love her blog

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

The pleasure was all mine!!! I keep looking at your pictures and finding new things I love in them! So over the moon about that book side table. GENIUS.

Rhiannon Bosse said...

What an amazing home!! Gorgeous decor :)

Alicia xoxxo said...

Beautiful home!!! Love the splashes of color!!!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love the pillows. Great idea to make a side table from books. I have so many fab books but nowhere to put them! This is such a great series Aubrey! xoxo

*** said...

I love all of the green plants everywhere and judjing from the little peak of the kitchen, that is one little gem too.

xoxo

Jessie said...

Kelly your house is fab. I want to see more of your kitchen!