Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Guest Post: Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers!!!



I'm so excited to introduce Natalie from her awesome blog Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers!!! She is a wife, mother, and seriously talented and adorable blogger. I love how much great stuff she has on her blog from interiors and furniture, to shopping finds and recipies! So when you check out her fantastic blog, get ready to be a little envious of how beautiful she and her home are!

And honestly, how can you resist a cute name like Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers???

Hello blogger friends! I'm Natalie from Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers. I was so excited when the insanely fabulous Aubrey asked me to do a guest post for her! All Things Bright and Beautiful is one of my favorite daily reads! Aubrey has such great style and gorgeous ideas.
Thanks for having me today, Aubrey! I am so excited to share how I make my house a home! I think the most important part of making your house a home is to surround yourself with things you love. So, here are a few of my favorites from my house!

My Master Bedroom: Nothing makes me happier than a zebra rug and an all-white bed.
(Aubrey putting in her two cents: Is there really anything that can compete with that fabulous rug??? It's making me happy, too!)

This little nook in our den is another one of my favorite areas. I bought these vintage bird prints at a consignment store years ago and still love them. They are some of my favorite pictures in my house. I also love the mirrored tray with the glass decanters. Liquor displayed in pretty containers makes me happy!
(Again. I know, I can't shut up...but those vintage bird prints are such a fabulous touch!)


My dining room houses my buffet, another find at a local antique stores. I love the vintage-retro feel it has. It was the first big piece of furniture I purchased after we moved in our house.

I also love this 70's wooden cube in our dining room. My best friend in college gave it to me when we were moving because she didn't want to deal with moving it. I appreciate it now more than I did then.

And last, quite possibly my favorite room in the house is my baby boy Sterling's nursery. I had so much fun designing this room from scratch. It is the only room in our house that I got to completely design and buy all new things for. The rocking chair was my grandmother's which we upholstered so it holds such special meaning.

Thanks for letting me share some of my favorite areas in my house! I am constantly switching things around and updating, but for now these are the spaces that make me smile!
xoxo Natalie

Sterling is one lucky little guy to call that room home! (c: Maybe I missed something, but that is the first time I'm getting to see these spaces from the fab Miss Natalie! And I enjoyed every second of it, thanks Natalie!

If you liked this, you will *lurve* her blog!

Or just love...which ever word annoys you less...(c:


And up to bat tomorrow:

Kelly from Classically Eclectic!!!



And don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY by Friday!!!

8 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing things that you love inside your house! I love the idea of the tray with the decanters that I am on the hunt for one myself! Thanks for the inspiration Natalie! I hope you don't mind!;)
I just purchased a zebra rug for our den and I love it! I should take some pics, because it completely changed the look of our room!
I adore baby Sterlings nursery! I love that you did all white furniture! I am in the middle of designing our nursery and I love white furniture! Beautiful job with your home! You should be very proud! You have excellent taste!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Beautiful home Natalie! I wish mine was that put together!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Love Natalie!! And her home is gorgeous, as is that rug. We have liquor in pretty glass containers too :) And Sterling's room is absolutely precious. Lucky boy.

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Thanks for having me and letting me share parts of my home! Loved this series idea! xoxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful home! Love the lamp in the last picture.

Abby M. Interiors said...

What a beautiful rocker and story. Love the owl lamp and buffet!!

{Now to get you my post. Working with a toddler+fever+double ear infection!}

*** said...

That nursery is incredible - I love the contrast of the dark walls and white bedding, white chair

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

gorgeous home with such thoughtful touches! love natalie and her blog!