Thursday, March 3, 2011

Guest Post: A Delightful Design!!!


Get ready for some fun with color! Abby's seriously fun blog, A Delightful Design, is actually a new read for me, but I let me just tell you, I was missing out!!! I'm never disappointed by all the new little gems that I find there. I took one look at her stinkin' cute family room and was immediately impressed!

You will see what I mean...(c:


Hi! I'm Abby from A Delightful Design and I am so excited to be part of Aubrey's series on what makes my house a home. Let's jump in!

What makes our house a home is that I have used what I love.


I married a banker who would save every penny he earns and live out of crates. Truly, he said that! So I've learned to look for a bargain and push for the things I love.

The white bird was $2 and the ginger jar lamp was $6.00! The mirror and table were inherited so I made it my own by painting the mirror white. I'm still considering painting the sideboard as well.


This is my favorite corner of our house. This is a perfect example of buying what you love and it magically works together. I found that huge, original painting at a thrift store for $20.

(Aubrey: What? You thought I could be quiet? Why break with tradition? Besides, OH MY GOSH how great are those pillows??? And the colors in that painting are oh so amazing...)

Color and pattern make me happy. I want my boys and guests to feel comfortable yet special when they are in our house and pattern is one way I do that.

I love wallpaper! Seeing this pattern in the morning makes waking up just a bit easier. When I told friends I was installing wallpaper I think they thought I was crazy but once they saw it they loved it. Don't forget that it's YOUR house and YOUR home--use what you love.
(Aubrey: All I have to say is AMEN sister, amen. And I love me some toile wallpaper...)

This yellow sofa has such a history. You can't tell from this picture but it has seen its day! This was our first big purchase when we got married and I was so excited to choose the fabrics. Again, I think my friends thought it was "interesting" to buy a yellow sofa but we have loved every minute of it.

It's not your house but how you live that makes your house a home!
I hope you are surrounded with fabrics and pieces that bring you delight.
A huge thank you to Aubrey for hosting this series! I can't wait to hear more from her and watch All Things Bright and Beautiful grow.

Abby

Thanks so much Abby for showing off that amazing style of yours! After seeing her fabulous yellow cheveron striped pillows, I was seriously re-thinking going with blue ones...(c: If you haven't had the pleasure of visiting A Delightful Design...your life just isn't complete...(c:

I'm actually really sad that tomorrow is the last day of this guest series, it has been so fabulous!!!


       And for the grand finale of this week's series...Chassity from Look Linger Love tomorrow!!!

I'm just giddy. (c:

18 comments:

Abby M. Interiors said...

Thanks so much for having me as a guest! I love this series. :-)
abby

Unknown said...

I love Abby's home and blog! Great to see it featured here:)

Unknown said...

I love her bargain finds and wallpaper! I love a bargain myself! And I really want to wallpaper a room in our next house in the states.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Abby was avante garde with the yellow sofa. Just beautiful. Her blog is great!
Mary Ann

Jesse {wefancythat.blogspot.com} said...

Love your blog and this post too! I've been following you, but am excited to follow Abby too! So fun! Love making a house a home!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Gorgeous home. God bless her for being married to a frugal man ;)

A Vintage Vine said...

Abby, great job! Love all you shared! I love those pillows you put together!

Unknown said...

Great post! Her home is lovely!! I adore the patterns and colours she used :)

Lili said...

seriously, looking at your home Abby in a diff blog setting is just awesome! love Ina too!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

What a gorgeous home Abby has! And wow what amazing deals. I'm inspired :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I just can't get over how much in *love* I am with your pillows! The combo is like pillow *CRACK* for me, I just keep staring!!! Love it, so glad you guest posted today!

Abby M. Interiors said...

Everyone is so sweet! We have such a modest home and you are making me blush. :-)
xo,
Abby

Lauren Caldwell said...

love Abby's house! Can't wait to read the rest of this cute series! :)

Lauren @ tickled.

Michaela said...

How great. Love all the color!! Those pillows are fab, you're right!

Unknown said...

Great home. LOVE that painting and those pillows have always been a favorite of mine.

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Great pillows!! I love that sweet little bird too! Going to check out her blog now. What a beautiful home. My hubby is very frugal too so i can relate:)

Sarah Tengei said...

Where did you get those pillows???

Unknown said...

love the painting on your fav corner wall!
Ashley
www.ashleybridgerdesigns.com