Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday obsession: Pleats

So it may have started with this...(which I loved, btw, even though a *LOT* of people hated it (c: )


Fuel was added to the fire by this stunning look by Ms. Alba...


Fanned into a full fledged obsession by this cute girl...I mean, seriously, how *perfectly perfect* is that??? (Well...actually I probably would've done it just a smidge different...but no! Let's not go there...still completely adorable)



So I started shopping...


Givenchy Spring 2011

Waaaaayyyy too pricey...and short...and just plain creepy that one...

Christopher Kane Spring 2011

Too crazy...even for me...


Not bad...but it is $29.99 on Amazon...for some reason that sends up some red flags for me...
I'm weird, I know.

AND....

EUREKA!!!


She is gorgeous, no???
I am just such a sucker for the way that pleats (done right) move...amazeballs (you didn't think I could get through this whole post without busting that word out, didja?)

Not necessarily a *steal* per se at $59, but I'm already completely obsessed with it and it is the first to be added to my Birthday list.

What's that you say? Two months out is too early to start my Birthday list???

Nonsense, poopypants!!! (Name that awesome movie)

I am going to be turning the big 3-0...I might have mentioned it a bajillion times once or twice...but this is a big one and to keep myself from being depressed, I am going to be doin' it up *BIG*.

Well, kinda big.

BUT BACK TO THE SUBJECT!

So pleats for you? Yea or Nay?

Happy Friday!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it....where is it from, I want one :)

Unknown said...

Ahhh J/k I see it now :)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Yes yes love the thin little pleats. And happy almost birthday (I'm a strong believer birthdays take an entire month to celebrate)

Diana Mieczan said...

I also love love love Cate's dress and those skirts are beautiful. Happy Friday, sweetie
Muah

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love it girl and you know I start celebrating and planning my birthday early! 30 is a huge one, treat yourself. I however will not be wearing pleats, with hips like mine pleats of any kind are a tragic idea that would cause my husband to cry. The UO skirt is gorg though! Happy weekend! xoxo

Unknown said...

I was not a fan of Cate's dress, although I realize that she is more about art/fashion than beauty/fashion so I let it go. Mostly, I just wanted to comment and let you know that I find you hilarious:)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Girl I am ALL about some pleats too. Love love!

Julie said...

I'm gonna completely embarrass myself for knowing this, but I'm gonna say Ace Ventura? My theory is that is it never too early to start your list. BTW I'm with you on Cate's dress. I though it may have been because most everything else was so disappointing.

Julie said...

PS simultaneous commenting? haha yes please!

Bud and Leo said...

Pleats for sure! So ladylike & classy! :) And happy early Birthday!