Friday, March 9, 2012

Who the heck is John Carter???

This is going to be a interesting post for me...a movie review!

What the...?!?!?

I know, but a blogger friend got me in touch with the Disney people and I had the oh-so-awesome opportunity to go to the press release screening of the new Disney movie John Carter!


I did *NOT* have high hopes for this movie because all I knew what that it was Sci-Fi about some guy who goes to fight in a war on Mars. 

Not exactly Jane Austen material here, peeps.

But hey, it was a free movie and I got to look cute and take out the hubby (c:

I thought you guys might like to see how much I'm enjoying my Jason Wu for Target shirt (c:

It was pretty awesome to get to sit in the "reserved" press seats, too...I couldn't stop giggling about the fact that I was being called "press" (c: 

The long and short of it is: GO!!!!

The guy that wrote the books for John Carter, Edgar Rice Burroughs, is the same guy that wrote the books that inspired Star Wars and Tarzan. Dude has some writing *SKILLZ* (and yes, that is with a "z"). 

I'm a crazy big Star Wars fan (shocker, right?) and this movie could be the 7th Star Wars...witty characters, great story line, and lots of action.

Not to mention some pretty darn impressive 3D effects. *Seriously cool*

And let's be honest, does Disney really ever do anything awful??? Not likely. 

Also not awful to look at is the character of John Carter (Taylor Kitch, of X-men Origins and Friday Night Lights fame) is pretty darn cute:

As is the Martian princess love interest (in case you need to convince your man to go (c:) 


And if you want to take kiddos to see this movie, Geek Dad had a *spot on* review of the movie!

In short, as long as they are a little older (like 8 and up), they are going to *LOVE* the movie.

So if you want something fun to do tonight, you can go hit up the movies with a crowd pleaser...

And now you can't say that I didn't ever give you any useful information on this blog! (c:

18 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

How much fun!!! You looked super cute. I'm kinda jealous of your hair...

Unknown said...

Wow impressive! And BONUS...you look super HOT!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Look at you go Fancy. Sounds like a fun night~

natasha {schue love} said...

You look SO cute!! That movie has been getting lots of hype...might have to check it out!

PS...you are the winner of my perfume giveaway!! I'll email you details! ;)

Amy @ Amy Day to Day said...

You look gorgeous! Now I can picture what you look like when we email back and forth!

Baby Shopaholic said...

You look super cute!!! Glad you were able to get to the preview!

Unknown said...

Cute duds!

Being a sci-fi geek I will likely see this C: And heck, he's super cute The review I read today said that it was muddled but the lead character took his shirt off for most of the time.

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh Aubrey I just laughed out loud. Definitely not awful to look at! Ha.

BluBabesCreate said...

Sounds good. But even more I love how you have long hair! It is so hard to find mom's with long hair.

Anonymous said...

haha..I like your cute outfit. And I LOVE the main guy in John Carter. He is HOT!! xoxoox Elizabeth

bridechic said...

Love your look and am curious wh the designer on the flick is. The head dress is stunning!

oxoxoxox from San Francisco
Amy
http://bridechic.blogspot.com

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Aubrey, you are so cute! I wish I could get my hair to curl like that. Do you just use a curling iron?

Cassie Bustamante said...

you look awesome in that shirt!

Stacy CUrran said...

LOVE Taylor Kitsch!! I so miss FNL :( And you look so adorable!

Lonely Wife Project said...

First, you look amazing! Second, there's nothing like scoring tickets to screenings. Third, you convinced me to maybe think about watching this movie ;)

Crazy Wonderful said...

We'll definitely be seeing it, as my husband LOVES movies like that. But what I really wanted to comment on was how insanely awesome you look! Love the whole look, and your hair is freaking perfection!

Anonymous said...

What's funny is I saw the trailers for this movie and was pretty sure I didn't want to see it. A couple of weeks later I realised I have been reading the books by Burrough for the last month and love them. Am now going to see it in a couple of days - hopefully it is as good as the books :)

designstiles said...

Your hair looks fabulous and your shirt is super duper cute.