Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Games are afoot...

Sooooo...I was officially the last person in the universe to go see Hunger Games last night:

Um yes, I really did take all that crap *and* ate it. No, I didn't get to go to the midnight showing this time (DANG IT!). And yes, that is me taking pictures of my feet before the movie (c:

I really don't like hearing about what everyone thinks about movies before I go to them, I think that's part of the reason I go to midnight showings of movies that I *REALLY* want to see...

The truth of the matter is, it's an awesome flick...but really nothing compares to books and my own over-active imagination, now does it? 

However, there is some awesome shiz associated with this movie...

Exhibit A:

Elizabeth Banks' amazing premier outfits...*stunning*

Exhibit B:

How hot Jennifer Lawrence is...total girl crush...I'm a sucker for a woman who can take care of herself

Exhibit C:

Hunger Games Nail Polish by China Glaze...Riveting and Electrify are pretty darn awesome

And last but not least...and to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I think this is awesome or disturbing...

Exhibit D:

Hunger Games inspired wedding reception...


I guess you could end your vows with "May the odds be ever in your favor"??? (c:

Anyone else want to weigh in on what you thought?

And speaking of games, I expect that all of you would like to join in on the $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY going on right as we speak! 

Don't miss out on adding something fantastic to your closet...

Enter here! ...And may the odds be ever in your favor (c: 

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

18 comments:

Virginia said...

You aren't the last person! I haven't seen it yet, I didn't read the books though. I love your shoes and jeans! Didn't you know that the calories you eat in a dark theater don't count? Haha We wish!!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I need to take a month off life and read all the books and see all the movies that everyone is talking about. Im so behind...

Andrea said...

I'm so behind the curve with Hunger Games! I'm reading the first book still but am hooked! I agree, books are so much better but maybe because my imagination always seems to make things so much different than movies portray. Glad you liked it!

www.the-blonde-ambitions.blogspot.com

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

I loved it and want to see it again! Props to you on the candy :) Good idea!

natasha {schue love} said...

I saw the movie too and loved it! Can't wait for the next one!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I thought they did a good job adapting the movie from the book, which isn't easy to do! I need to go to the movies with you...you bring all my favorite treats! As for a HG wedding reception, totally weird in my opinion.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I can't wait to go see it! I finally got my husband on the bandwagon and he's reading the books now. I'm hoping he finishes by Saturday or Sunday so that we can go see it!

Anonymous said...

I cheated and saw the movie without reading the first book. I have the second one to read though. I really loved the move...and your shoes!! xo

Follow Shopbop + The NOW to Win $100 Shopbop Gift Card

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

You are definitely not the last, I totally am and My books have been collecting dust for months now. I can't wait to dive in, now I just need a few more hours in the day. I love that color palette!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I haven't seen it and I refuse to until I finish the book! I'm only 6 pages in..lol

Love that you took all those snacks to the movie! I love eating my heart out in the theater!

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

I haven't seen it yet!!! And good for you on the candy- I always do the same :) x

Unknown said...

I echo the others...you are not the last one. I'm taking 300 (not a typo) to it on Tuesday. I bet you're jealous C:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I loved it too!! Jennifer Lawerence is totally gorgeous and even made me not as annoyed with Katniss like I was in the books:) Love all your treats. I ate grilled cheese, fries and drank Mimosas while we watched!

Crazy Wonderful said...

I haven't seen it, but we do have a date night in the works this Friday so hopefully we'll get to take it in! Oh, and I want your shoes... and your candy :D

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

So loving this post!!! I haven't seen it. I am scared to see it. . . is it scary? Thanks for your sweet email comment the other day. Made me smile :)

Unknown said...

I haven't seen it yet! I really want to though and this just made it worse! Love the dress on Elizabeth Banks! And agree there is something...narly?! about a girl that can take care of herself! And she is "hot"

White Lacquer said...

I haven't seen them either...I'm refusing to until I read the book, obv a little late in the game of course. Elizabeth banks is gorg, hate her guts, ok lying....may-jor girl crush.

Xx. Patience

Unknown said...

Ha - that end the ceremony with -may the odds be ever in your favor - almost made me pee my pants. ;) Almost. Seriously - so flipping funny - who would want that as their theme for their wedding? I loved the movie but it does pale in comparison to the book. So many things were not explained well but dang it if Gale isn't a little hottie!!!