Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anyone up for a little print mixing?

It's the sensation that's sweeping the nation (c:  Miss Chassity just had a fabulous challenge for everyone to jump on it...completely fantastic!




My own little take on it...not super ambitious, but hey, I was wearing fun shoes (c:

Super bold pattern on bottom...more subtle black & white stripe on top!
Unfortunately, I've had all this in my closet for a bit, so you're not going to find them in stores...thank goodness there are tons of black and white stripe tops and floral skirts, right? (c:

Get the look:
Options


Button front shirt
$295 - barneys.com

Jane Norman black and white top
£14 - janenorman.co.uk

Red Herring black floral skirt
£28 - debenhams.com

Dorothy Perkins knee length pencil skirt
$45 - dorothyperkins.com

Yellow Shoes


Dsquared platform wedge
$575 - couture.zappos.com

Jimmy choo shoes
$595 - net-a-porter.com

$98 - madewell.com


What do you think of print mixing? Crazy fabulous or just plain crazy???

20 comments:

Abby M. Interiors said...

I'm all about it. I have a floral scarf and striped shirt I wore all winter. Love your mix!
Abby

Ange said...

Look at how cute you are! I love your mix, looks great and the yellow shoes are the cherry on top! I am learning to mix patterns but it's hard for me. I like things to be matchy matchy.

Unknown said...

Just plain fabulous! I'll have this as my challenge for next week C:

Virginia said...

I am loving it! I haven't tried it yet though! You did an awesome job! I LOVE the shirt in the first picture!

Alexa said...

I am totally into it this season. And I love the yellow! xo

Lindsey Regan Thorne @ be pretty said...

You are SO super cute and I love what you mixed together... and a pencil skirt looks adorbs on you! LOVING that first shirt/ blaza combo!!! Loves! Welcome back sweets!

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

Look how cute you are!! I am really loving florals with stripes right now - great post!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I always think it's super cute and then I put something on and just dont think I can pull it off. it's like i got dressed in the closet.

Baby Shopaholic said...

You did an awesome job! I wish I was bold enough! I need some yellow shoes baaad!

Leslie said...

I'm a fan! Your outfit is crazy fabulous. :)

Crazy Wonderful said...

Ahhhh!!! Love it! You look flipping awesome. I want to be more adventuresome. I need to get over being sick, there's only so much pattern play you can do with sweats and t-shirts ;D

Anonymous said...

Mixing prints is scary, but you pulled it off !! Love your skirt! I also love the baby blue gingham shirt/floral skirt combo. Gorgeous! xoxoxo Elizabeth

ALR said...

I'm not scared to mix it up. I like a bit of unexpected with most everything:) Glad you ordered that J.Crew bracelet.

xo
Amy R.

Andrea said...

Love this post! Great job on your outfit!

Victoria Michael said...

Fabulous mixing prints! Loved the outfits and yellow shoes! They are really wonderful collections for spring.

Eva said...

beautiful!:D

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Get it girl! You look great! I need to grow some balls and mix some patterns but it scares me a little:)

Unknown said...

Crazy fab! I like the outfit you put together! I like the first picture too! Great post!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love the first outfit and print mixing, although whenever I try it, I usually wimp out and feel like I can't pull it off!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow. If you want some inspiration for work you can visit my blog:)
I wish you a great week

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.s(Sweden)