Thursday, January 24, 2013

Not your grandmother's china

As my interest in all things design grew, so did my interest in tablescapes (which, btw, is a word I think got made up and I was definitely not acquainted with before blogging).

So I started paying a lot more attention to place settings...do you know how many fantastic china patterns are out there??? A LOT.

The possibilities are just endless...

Kelly Wearstler has some pretty bad A patterns that are *gorgeous*:


And I could shop Kate Spade all day long:

or 


Some more budget friendly versions can be found at Mikasa...

How cute would this be for Valentine's??? (c:

Can't go wrong with a little greek key...


And if you want some fantastic fun, quirky, and colorful options...you know Anthro is your go to...

I snapped this of my *favorite* plate there the other day, love that little guy (c: 


I'm slowly acquiring some cool ones from thrift stores and totally scored this awesome pattern on Saturday:

via my instagram

How cool is that pattern??? It's a metallic bronze...and fun fact, it's actually the china from American West Airlines that they created for a select couple planes and used it between 1989 and 1991...crazy, right?

I'm totally in love and can't wait to use it! It'll totally look like this, right???


Riiiiiiiight....



11 comments:

birdie to be said...

I love these sets! And that tablescape is gorgeous!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

Since I have no fine china (gasp), I was thinking of getting 12 different but coordinating place settings. What do you think? Would it work or look mismatched?!

Bambino by the Bay said...

I love that Kelly Wearstler and the ones that you have thrifted! What a fun way to start a new collection!!

Unknown said...

I'm awful for dishes, can't ever get enough and I've been coveting the ones you found since I saw them on instagram. LOVE.

I have Kate Spade's plates from two years ago with the stylistic flowers. I use them almost daily.

Veronica Jett said...

Congratulations! This is the best thing, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.
TanOrganic

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

congrats on your find

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I am beyond obsessed with that Kelly Wearstler first pattern! Yum!

Rachael {all things beautiful} said...

Gorgeous settings. My fave is the first one.

Crazy Wonderful said...

That first Kate Spade. Oh my, how I love it! What a cool find on your set. That design is so right now. You'll rock it for sure!

Jenna said...

Love the polka dot KS and the greek key! So much fun!

Sixth Tractate said...

Hello! I came across your wonderful blog and I'm your newest follower! :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Let me know!

sixthtractate.blogspot.com