Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Layering

I bet you thought I was going to talk about fashion, didn't you???

Ha! I tricked you! Probably because it's been a *VERY* long time since I talked about interiors on this blog...which is a shame really considering I love it so much and I'm pretty sure that was kinda the purpose of starting this blog originally...

Crap happens, right? (c:

Anywho, I have just been so giddy over all the unbelievably excellent patterns getting all moshed together and looking gorgeous. Nothing like a good pattern-kick-to-the-face, hmm? 


Definitely a dope combo going on here, especially with the portrait goodness.

Toile, floral, and zig zag...yes, please!
Jeffrey Bilhuber via pinterest 

Flawlessly executed...you can't say no to leopard/cheetah print (c;
via Lonny

Yes, I would sleep in a crib to own this room. Is that even a question???
via Casa Sugar

And last, but certainly not least, the Grand Poobah of pattern layering: Miss Jaime Meares herself:


Slays it every time. 

What about you??? Any pattern layering going on that I should know about?

You can tell me, this is a safe space...no judgement here...well, maybe a little...hopefully the good kind (c;

14 comments:

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

Gorgeous round up! I love mixing patterns and textures. Such a fun look!

Starr said...

Love the mixing of patterns. Such a nice departure from blah neutral decorating!!

Anonymous said...

Love this! I was just talking about mixing patterns with my girlfriends this past weekend. Thanks for the link to show them its a good time!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

No pattern layering here and this house is in DESPERATE need of it. What is the trick to it? Just buy every fabric that you love and put them together? I've got the mid-winter blues and need some bold colors and patterns to shake things up around here. Thanks for sharing these inspiring images :)

Brooke said...

I am obsessed with all of these images! I love layering, and bought new bedding over the weekend. A mix and match of amazing Indian hand block printed bedding and pillows, it is so yummy! Be sure to check out my blog today as I will be posting pictures of it there - all by Kerry Cassill!! Xo

Unknown said...

Love the layering! Hand on heart-I just did my window seat up like the first image C:

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

beautiful idea for the house.

Yels said...

I love the first picture & I desperately want a ceramic elephant table also, sigh. Yels x
http://www.fourunderoneroof.blogspot.com

Lets just build a house! said...

I have big plans for layering for our master bedroom. too bad i am still on layer one!!

Crazy Wonderful said...

I totally dig the layered look - it's like JCrew meets interiors. I just suck at it :D

emily said...

I love the look of mixed patterns, but not sure I'm any good at it. I also need the stools in the first pic!

Jenna said...

I'm still struggling to be bold and introduce one pattern, but you've definitely got some great inspiration with those pictures!!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I'm a huge fan of pattern layering, now I just need to get my hubs on board! Love that little girls nursery, hello uterus back flip!

Anonymous said...

I love pattern layering and am at the point where I find it difficult to use less than three patterns for a room (especially pillows - just can't bring myself to choose just four plain coloured pillows - doesn't happen)! Love these pics xx

Anna (My Design Ethos)