Thursday, December 2, 2010

To Dollar Store, with Love

Okay, I decided to stop being a baby and post the pictures of my Christmas mantel. After seeing everyone else's FABULOUS mantels, I was like "No way am I posting our pathetic, dollar store, narrow beyond all reason mantel!!!" But I am a little bit proud that almost everything on the mantel is from either the Dollar Store or the dollar aisle at Tar-jay! Hey, we may not be fancy, but darn it, we make it look good! *wink*

I know, I know. Now you're jealous. LOL. Mostly I love that I used big, red roses on my Christmas mantel...yes, I am aware that those are not necessarily a Christmas flower...but I had them around and said, why the heck not???

My favorites are those gold glitter striped candles...aren't they just so cute? Love you, Dollar Store!





In all seriousness, my actual favorites are the kiddos' new stockings that I bought with my associate discount from PB kids with their little names on them...*sigh*...I love those little goobers...(c:




3 comments:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

You're so silly- you're mantle looks great! Super festive and fun. I have some similar red roses out for Christmas too:)

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

It looks great -- and I can't believe those are Dollar Store candles!!! Nice find!

Unknown said...

What, the dollar store??? Who would have thought! It looks amazing...thanks for stoping by our blog the other day, I love comments! Kisses!