Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spooky and a "tutorial"

So this is what I concocted for our Halloween mantel:


Just something fun and easy and *cheap*...the kiddos love it!

My hangman's candelabra (nabbed from Goodwill and the little skeleton garland is from Dollar Store)


 

My little "spooky" bunting that I made last year...still love it (c:


Everything sitting in this corner is from the Dollar Store...except for the pumpkin...oh and the candle...okay so *not* everything...sheesh.


You can't tell very well from my fabulous photography skills (ha!), but this is some darling DIY art on some sparkly paper.

I {heart} glitter. (c:


And I thought I would try my hand at a tutorial of sorts...

Even though there is really nothing to it!

Isn't that the most brilliant kind???

Halloween Crow DIY Art:

(1) Dollar Store Frame (I splurged for the good stuff)

(1) Dollar store package of crow die-cuts

Sparkly Halloween colored scrapbooking paper


I thought you needed a close up of how fun and sparkly the paper is (c:


Cut the paper to the frame size and glue together (I did it the laziest way possible with glue dots, awesome).

Slap it in the frame and VIOLA!!!


And did I mention it was *SPARKLY*???

And this may or may not have something to do with the GIVEAWAY tomorrow...

Guess you will just have to come back and see, right? (c:

34 comments:

BluBabesCreate said...

Cute and simple love it!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

See you are a DIY maven! The mantle looks great and I love the sparkly paper! Dollar Store rocks.

Unknown said...

Nice lady- loving your DIY crow- it's definitely my kind of spook....glittery/sparkly:)

Hilliary Meisner said...

I love this! It looks great. Love the DIY tutorial!

Baby Shopaholic said...

Ooooo! Love the sparkle birdie!

natasha {schue love} said...

Loving the crow theme for Halloween! Definitely a favorite of mine right now. The mantel looks great! :)

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Awesomeness! How freaking cute is your bunting?? Very! Guess I am off to the pound store this weekend to see what spooky goodies I can pick up!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I heart halloweeen!! Great tutorial, love the creepy crow. Love the bunting and spider webs too.

Unknown said...

The spooky banner is the cutest thing I have ever seen! So adorable!

Alexa said...

Love the crow and adore that its all sparkly...that's my kind of creepy decor!

designstiles said...

I love your DIY. I thought for sure you bought it on Etsy. I have the same fabric draping over your mantel. I also really like the garland.

Unknown said...

Super cute and oh so spooky!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE it all! It's so cute!

birdie to be said...

Fabulous mantel! I love your decorations!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I love it Aubrey! so cute, especially the skeleton :)

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I am totally spooked out, in a good way! Job well done my dear!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Cute but not cutesy :)

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

OK... that looks great! Love the 'spooky' and the glitter pic!

Bud and Leo said...

So cute! I think I'm going to try the framed picture with pumpkins for my pumpkin party! I'm sure your kiddos love it!

Kelli

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Easy to do tutorials are my favorite,
especially when they turn out as cute as this :)

travelkate said...

That looks great! And what a great DIY-I think I can even manage it!

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

Oh my gosh this looks amazing! And I love the sparkles!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it all looks great, but man do i love that crow!!

classiq said...

I love the DIY turorial, it sets the perfect mood for Halloween. :)
Ada

Alecia said...

LOVE the mantle...sooo cute!

erica said...

What a lovely mantle and that picture is so simple but looks fabulous. I definitely need to make this!

xo

Lonely Wife Project said...

Perfect! We don't decorate for Halloween (maybe it's the lack of kids in my house), but I can't wait till we do!

Unknown said...

Your mantel looks spooktacular. Very cute. Darling sparkly crow as well.

Gloria said...

Wow, you go all out - love it! The bunting is such a cute touch to all the spookiness :-)

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Your mantel looks FANTASTIC!! I LOVE the look of the mirror over mirror!! What a super sparkly and beauty your DIY art is!! You should definitely throw a party!!

Michaela said...

Oh! Looks great, girl! I love the crow frame and all the sparkly elements!

emily said...

It all looks very Halloween-y! Love everything about it!

navy and orange said...

looks adorable!

xoxo navy & orange

Lindsey Regan Thorne @ be pretty said...

I love your mantel and your DIY artwork!!! So cute and creative!!