Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Guest Post: My Old Country House!!!

Photobucket



Lesli from My Old Country House is brand spankin' new bloggy buddy for me, we actually "met" through the Roomspiration Blog hop and I was just in awe of her absolutely *lovely* rooms for her kiddos! She is such a sweetheart and agreed to share it's fantasticness with you all today!



I am so excited and thrilled and Honored to have been asked
 to Guest Post on...All Things Bright and Beautiful Blog
I met Aubrey recently through her blog 
and right away we clicked. It is obvious to me
that this is the beginning of a 
Great Friendship.
 Aren't Blog friends awesome!

I think the clincher in my instant adoration of Aubrey was the  
SECOND her Blog Header 
downloaded 
and the ADORABLE Navy and Pink Graphics appeared. 
DONE!

It is a widely known fact that I am a
 Pink-a Holic.


This recent blog post of mine
featuring my newly transformed Pink Cabinet
and my Chevron Sofa
and my Missoni treats...


this post brought in more reads and comments 
than my new little blog had ever seen! 
(well, that and the  Missoni madness!)


I love Pink... with everything. 


yellow, 
Material Girls
...and brown  
Jonathan Berger


Hot Pink


Jonathan Berger in House Beautiful


Pastel Pink

Patricia Gray...and Pink and Gray!

Pink and Brown




 Pink 
and White.
Premier Fabrics

..white...lots of white.


....look how that small Dash of Aqua  and the wood table,
 keeps it real and
calms it down just enough
...I LOVE this room!

 Orange 
Trina Turk


and Green 

I ADORE this sofa...ADORE!!!

and Don't get me started on Pink and Black.
...and Aqua...oh my.
Comfy Haven

Oh My. 
and then... there is...
Pink and Navy.

When I discovered the combination 
of Navy AND Pink 
... it was like when Peanut Butter and Chocolate first met -
a Match made in heaven!!!


It was this room by one of my favorite Designers
Mary McDonald, 
which inspired my Daughter's Room Makeover.

Phoebe's Room makeover
Wall: Benjamin Moore DownPour Blue

Tobi Fairley Gets me!!!




Lillies and Luxe- a little goes along way....


Sometimes people are afraid of pink.
 The femininity, the girly factor, scares some folks off. 
But Pink, done done right is nothing but CLASSY!
and can totally MAKE a room!!!



There you have it. 
I could go on forever. and I get weak in the knees
when I spy another New Room done right with dash of pink
or a splash of pink...
or Pink out the wazoo!


Thank you Aubrey for inviting me to Guest Host 
your Lovely Blog.


And Please come visit  
My Old Country House
anytime you are in the area!




Thanks Lesli!!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be obsessed with that chevron sofa for the rest of my natural born life...and that cabinet with the pink??? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm a pink-a-holic, too!!!


Be sure to hop over to Lesli's and welcome her to the blogging community (and ogle her fabulous digs)! You can scroll back through the other rooms that she has been showcasing for the Roomspiration Blog hop...


Roomspiration
Speaking of Roomspiration...Don't forget that one of my absolute favorite bloggers (and probably yours as well!) Elizabeth from The Mustard Ceiling



is hosting today's linky party featuring mud & laundry rooms!!!
So don't be shy and hurry over to link up!!!



Up tomorrow:


Shannon from 8foot6!!!!







22 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that pink cabinet is AWESOME! love the whole room and off to see her blog!

Eva said...

Minha querida amiga Aubrey, como eu gosto de vir aqui, meus olhos ficaram paralisados, a boca, babando, será que é grave? ehehe, amei, flor, o rosa pink me deixa sonhando, tenho que cuidar senão pinto tudo de pink na minha casa, hehe, beijoooooooos, estou de volta! Uma linda, quarta feira para você!

Hilliary Meisner said...

Love the pink cabinet! Pink and navy is one of my favorite color combinations!

Anonymous said...

Aubrey,olá como estás???Adoro vir aqui e ficar me maravilhando com tanta inspiração e sendo rosa então...amooo!!!beijocas da Eliete

Unknown said...

Love the shots of pink. "Gypsy Pink" by B.M. goes on one wall of my dining room next week. CAN'T wait!

Unknown said...

Shots of pink can never be wrong! Great post she is one talented lady!

natasha {schue love} said...

Awesome pictures...especially the IRL one! Love the hutch with the hot pink accent!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing Ms. Lesli. I just visited her blog and love it! Great furniture makeovers and lots of color.

birdie to be said...

I am loving all the pink accents! The first picture of the pink inside the cabinet is my favorite!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

LOVE all this pink!! Especially the different shades in your house! That pink cabinet is just amazing!!
Great guest post!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Absolute gorgeousness!!! Yep... I need some pink in my life... oh, and some chevrony goodness in the form of a couch too :D

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Wow!!! That room is GORGEOUS! Love the pink and the Missoni touches are too fabulous :) xoxo

designstiles said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE it. The pink, the blue, the leopard and chevron. So cute. So me!

emily said...

what a gorgeous living room!

Stephanie said...

I love the pink and yellow combo! I also adore pink and gray. That's one of my fave color combos!

Marie said...

Pink really freshens everything up! I love a pop of pink!
xx Marie

Lesli at My Old Country House said...

Thank You everyone! and Especially Thanks You Aubrey for giving me this wonderful opportunity. Please come visit me anytime!!! And keep on finding and sharing the beauty in all things!

Michaela said...

Loved this post! So much color. Her space is so fun!!

Aico Furniture said...

I was always a fan of pastel/baby pink. I never thought hot pink could be so beautiful till I came across these pictures.

Aico Furniture said...

I was always a fan of pastel/baby pink. I never thought hot pink could be so beautiful till I came across these pictures.

Hyphen Interiors said...

LOVE all the pink!! What eye candy. I love the pink on the back of the shelf and that sofa rocks!

Selena said...

You have made your points in a smart way. I am impressed with how interesting you have been able to present this content. Thanks for sharing a nice information. Do support us
Fashion Designing Courses In Chennai
Interior Design Courses In Chennai
Short Term Fashion Designing Courses In Bangalore
MSC Interior Design Colleges in Bangalore
BSC Interior Design Colleges in Chennai