Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Okay so not so much a guest...

Can you tell that I'm not necessarily a pro at this whole guest series thing? Don't worry it will be back tomorrow with the wonderful and talented Sara from A Dose of Pretty...I know I'm *really* looking forward to it because she has *ridiculously* good ideas!

Today you are just going to have to settle for....me. (c: It's crazy, I know.

Well, maybe it *is* just a little crazy because I got some ladies with insanely great houses, blogs, and eye for design...you might see a pattern here! I don't pretend to know a darn thing about it  be an expert, but I have just a few things that I go by when I'm thinking about how to make my house a home!

Comfort is King. Well, at my house it's a queen but I like to be practical when I think about what to put in our house. I have to think about who lives there (two little rugrats to be exact) and what is going to make it the haven that everyone desperately needs from that crazy world out there! (I know that I see these pillows everywhere, Tarjay is a personal fav of mine, but I just *LOVE* them and they are so soft...like I said, comfort people...)


I like my home to reflect who I am, like if someone walked in and I wasn't there, they would be able to just look at the house and get a little piece of who we are. Um, this would say we are crazy, mismatched, ecclectics...
Or...
That I'm totally in love with my second home, Brazil (print is by q.a. designs, totally awesome), we love to have pictures EVERYWHERE, *love* books and reading, and just little things that make me smile (like my cute lil' ikat bowl...doesn't that make you want to win that giveaway??? Heck, it makes *me* want to win it!! (c: Good thing that's not allowed.)


I really like to do projects. In part because I really love seeing the transformation of something terrible into something terrific...and partly because it is budget friendly!!! But they are a great way to get the little details that make things different and *yours*.  This is my daughter's goodwill dresser that I just switched out the knobs for adorable little polka dots and her cute little yellow lampshade that I made with some grograin ribbon and a glue gun. Oh yeah, we love the glue gun. I just love color, too... (and those are my Sugar Fresh prints that are just the perfect finish on this room. Adorable.)


Mostly, I just try to surround us with things we love: family pictures, books, color...little moments that remind you of what keeps you going everyday!

Well, it's definitely no Cassie, Courtney, Sara, or Kirsten house (yep, A Dose of Pretty tomorrow and 6th Street Design School on Friday!!!)...but it's home and I really love making it "ours"!

Thanks for indulging me today, lovelies! See you back here for some *seriously* loveliness from Sara tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Your house is fabulous Aubrey, I love it. This is such a great series. Looking forward to Sara and Kirsten's.

Unknown said...

Your house is so beautiful! I am glad I saw a peek of it.

Unknown said...

Your house is so beautiful! I am glad I saw a peek of it.

Anonymous said...

Love your home. So beautiful.

Lindsay said...

oh, i love your home! it is beautiful. thank you for the photo of the prints, they look so cute in the frames.

emily said...

Your home is beautiful!