Monday, September 26, 2011

Roomspiration Blog Hop: Kids Rooms!

Roomspiration

Shoot...is today my turn for the blog hop?!?!? Dang it, I *totally* forgot!!!

Hehehe...I'm just joshin' with you all, of course I didn't forget!

I'm pleased as pink punch to be taking part in what has turned out to be *the* bloggy party in the good ol' blogosphere!

Have you gone and checked out the previous parties??? Oh-em-gee. If you like interior design (and I know you do!), then this is a smorgasbord of delish interiors!

And today we are going to be showing off our mini-peeps rooms! Y'know, the wee people...the small humans...the mess makers!

KIDS ROOMS!!!

And I say "we" because there is a linky party going on up in here for you to link up your kids rooms and show them off!!!

And I know you all are excited about the big room reveal, right? RIGHT?!? (c;

Without further ado, I present Ms. Skylar's happy place:


Can you tell we enjoy color at our house???

You know what else we like at our house? A great deal...I mean, who doesn't right?

I am a firm believer that it doesn't have to cost a lot to look great (c:

And can you tell I'm an expert photographer? No? Blast.

Here's the run down...

So I'm not generally a cafe length curtain kind of gal, but those pretty babies were on clearance at Tar-jay for less than 5 buckaroos and the color is just phenominal...and also, I don't know if long curtains would actually even look good with that window...and I'm pretty sure I like them.


This happy and colorful bedding was actually a gift from grandma (thanks, ma!), but rumor has it (don't you just love Adele?) that she picked up the set at Kohls for around $35 buck...for the sheets, sham, comforter, and bed skirt!

Major gonga. 
And if you aren't familiar with the word "gonga", you are missing out (c:



This little gallery feature is new to the lil' rugrat's space and I'm pretty pleased at how it came out (can you tell, I'm like patting myself on the back right now...)!

Frames: Large white-Walmart, 2 small white-old frames spray painted white, the "s"-$3 clearance from Hobby Lobby, 2 teal frames-Pottery Barn clearance, less than $10 for both (c: Little ornate frame-Hobby Lobby 50% off

Keep Calm print, I am a Child of God Print and Peacock were won on a blog giveaway from Sugar Fresh, and the flamingo was a free printable from Eastwitching shop



The new and improved Ombre poufs...the other ones didn't survive the move (taps playing in the background)...but I like these even better! They are so quick and easy to make and are so fun and whimsical...make sure you hang them where little hands can't get to them...apparently they also resemble pinatas...



Her cute little bench was a $5 garage sale find and gives some much needed storage for all her crapola treasures. And of course my pillow fettish has to extend to my little baby girl's room...ignore the cheeto marks on the pillows...just focus on the fact that they look darling (c:
 (little teal pillow- hobby lobby $5, xoxo- PB teen, no longer available )c:)

What is on the other wall of her room you say???

Glad you asked! (c:


Her $30 goodwill dresser that I just swapped out the pulls for some cute polka dotted ones from Hobby Lobby (when they were 50% off, natch)...the lamp was a garage sale find, $5 for the pair of them (coat of spray paint for the base and grossgrain ribbon for the shade and viola! Cuteness atop the dresser.), and the mirror is also a garage sale find (if you have been following along for a little while, you might remember it being yellow, but along side the lamp, I like the pink *much* better!)


And I think I would like to end with the shot of the pig (c:

Oh okay, one more shot of the whole shebang:


Now it's *your* turn!

Link up your fun kiddie rooms, I can't wait to see what you all have up your sleeves! (c:

48 comments:

Brandi said...

your daughter's room is adorable. i love all of the bright colors in her room. she has such a cute name too. thanks for hosting!

Dana said...

Looks like you pulled together her room very nicely with some killer bargains. Great finds! Thanks for hosting!

Terrie Mathison said...

Thanks for hosting this link party! I love your girls room and those are some great deals!!
I'm a new follower too!

Jessie said...

I love a fabulous room full of fabulous bargains and I adore the pretty bedding, poufs and the XO pillow, too!

Have a great week, Aubrey!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Ange said...

Thanks for joining me in Roomspirtaion! Your room looks fab, love your humor! :) You make me laugh. Want to make some poufs for me? They look beautiful! Hope you have an awesome day hosting today!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Thanks for hosting today Aubrey! I love your daughter's room, so bright and fun, and the poufs...too cute.

I wanted to participate today so I made up a kid's room to share, I just had to join in the fun here :).

Jadyn said...

I love all the cute colorful touches. Those pompoms are great! Your daughter is a lucky girl!!

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi there! I'm so excited to be here for this installment of Roomspiration! I'm linking up a post from awhile back but I just couldn't resist joining in the kids room party. Love your daughter's darling room and can't wait to check out all of the other spaces! :-)
Vanessa

Unknown said...

Very adorable room. So glad that you are hosting. Can't wait to explore everyone's ideas.

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Such a cute room!! I knew it would be! I don't have one to share but provided some inspirational rooms in my post this morning!

Happy hosting!

Ines Pereira said...

The room is so lovely. I would like to know where you have bought the poufs and how did you hang them... My daughters would loooove something that that! :)
I also love the gallery wall!.
Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Inês
prefect-home.blogspot.com

Dusty Coyote said...

Thank you for hosting the party. Your daughter's room is adorable. I especially love the poufs!

Macey said...

So... I'm 34 but I'm pretty sure I need that room. :)

Andrea said...

I love all the fun colors! Lucky little girl you have.

DIYbyDesign said...

So excited for this leg of Roomspiration. Love your daughter's room. The colors are so vibrant and fun. I'm all linked up and off to check out some of the other rooms. My favorite rooms to decorate are kids rooms so I'm looking forward to all of the inspiration. Hope your day is a total success with the party.

Hilliary Meisner said...

Such a cute room! I love the art gallery!

Jacqueline said...

Such wonderful inspiration! I''' be working on my boys rooms this winter so I'll be looking for great ideas!

Unknown said...

it is such an adorable room! love the gallery wall!

laxsupermom said...

Love your little girl's room! It so bright and pretty! Love the tissue paper poufs! So girly! As the mom of 2 boys, I revel in the girly touches others are able to play with.

Thanks for hosting this party. My kids' rooms are the only ones that are "finished" in the house and this is the only party I've been able to participate in. It's so great to be able to look for inspiration, though, in all the other parties.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

This is so great! I love all these rooms. But I probably ought to work on getting kids BEFORE I decorate their rooms... but I sure am tempted with all this inspiration.

I just gave you a Versatile Blogger award! See it: http://afabulesshome.blogspot.com/2011/09/shout-outs.html
If you'll send me your button, then I'll put it in.

Emily said...

Thanks for hosting! Your little girl's room is darling! Love the ombre poufs, such a cute touch!
-emily
nestnestingnested.blogspot

Alexa said...

Love all of these rooms. Your little one's room is adorable, love the gallery wall!
xo
alexa

A room with a view said...

So cute! I love the polka dotted bedding and the ombre poufs and I contemplated buying that pillow from PBteen for a while. Perfect little girl's room.

Shan said...

I love the room overall. Reminds me some of my daughter's room with the polka dot bedding. The gallery wall is perfect. You crack me up as well! ;) Great turn out so far! Have fun hosting Roomspiration today.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Ah I just love this peak inside Skylar's room! It's absolutely adorable! Love the polka dot bedding and all of the color :) xoxo

designstiles said...

Well you already know I love me some color. I adore the cute little flamingo print and the frame you put it in. Cutesicles.

BluBabesCreate said...

Aubrey! I know this is going to sound really gunny, but I love the stuffed animal on the bed. I just think in this day and age it looks personal and original. Thanks for letting everyone link-up!

Roeshel said...

What a sweet room! I do love color! She has such a fun space! It's adorable!

Megan {Splendid Design} said...

Your daughter's room is adorable! I love all the color in there. I wish I was finished with my dauther's room so I can link it up but not going to happen. Hopefull by the end of the year will be done.

Unknown said...

What an adorable girlie room! My girlie has "redecorated" her room with a sports theme!
Thanks for hosting!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

natasha {schue love} said...

SUCH a sweet room Aubrey!! And look at this linky party go!! Love it!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

ohh so sweet! i love the poms in the corner and the framed quotes. Such a lovely room for your miss skylar. off to your linky party! xoxo

Lindsey Regan Thorne @ be pretty said...

So sweet and adorbs! I love the polkadot knobs! Kiddos rooms are such fun!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

It looks like such a happy room. What a wonderful place to grow up :)

lizziefitz said...

Ombre Poufs :)))) I love that idea! Thanks for hosting.

Ispirato Design said...

What a happy place. I love the gallery wall and the poufs. She must be a happy girl :)

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, what a sweet room! Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures and for hosting this fun link up!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Amy @ Kiwi Chic said...

I just spotted this and I am so glad I was in time to link up! phew. You have done a wonderful job on your girl's room! Thank you!

Ines Pereira said...

I hope you enjoy the link on my blog!
http://perfect-home.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-hop-link-party.html

Obrigada

Holly Gruszka said...

Thanks for hosting Aubrey! Your daughter's room is so sweet. I love the little reading bench and her comforter rocks!! I hope my daughter wants a room like this some day. So glad I was able to participate in this one (Thanks to Elizabeth enlightening me!).

Unknown said...

What a happy place! Love that xoxo pillow! Too cute!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a pretty room! Love how your ombre poufs have different colors - I've never done that and love the effect. My daughter has that same xo pillow - a great inspiration piece!!
Thanks so much for hosting and sharing this adorable room!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I'm late to the party -- but i brought snacks!!

Love your daughter's room...it turned out so fun and vibrant! I love all the colors and special touches. Great job, mom!

Kimberly T. said...

LOVE her room! The colors are fabulous, so much fun!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Your daughter must love her room. The puffs look amazing. Did you make those? You did great. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

awww LOVE her room!! Wish i had a kiddo to link up their room! haha ONE day!

Abby said...

Okay, I can't figure out how to link up (I call that triplet mom brain). Anyhow, here is a pic from my daughters room and the "art" I just made for it.
http://www.thriftywithtriplets.blogspot.com/

Kyra @ RACKS and Mooby said...

Your daughter's room is fabulous - love all the bright colors. My daughter's room is colorful too - just linked it up (better late than never!). Thanks for hosting such a fun party!