Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Aw shucks...



I will be the first to admit that I do not yet deserve this award...yet! I'm planning on earning it this year with loads of style and pizzaz and color and...whatever else I can think of...(c: But a big thanks to Sara from A Dose of Pretty for the compliment!!! I'm giving it right back to her as well...is that legal? I mean are there really rules for this kind of thing??? (c:

Part of this "Major Award" (anyone else LOVE "A Christmas Story"???) is that I am supposed to tell you all 7 things about myself...so here goes nuthin':


1. First and foremost, I am the mother of two adorable messmakers that make my life, well, less than glamorous, but NEVER BORING. (c: I adore them, even when the 4 year-old is yelling things like the H-E-double hockey sticks word in church. True story.






2. I am still very much in love with Brazil after living there for 2 years. I always would joke around with the people there that I was a Brazilian at heart. They just laughed. (c: As a result of said two year, I am fluent in Portuguese which is actually fairly useless here...but it totally makes my day when I run across *anyone* (and I mean anyone) that can speak it with me.




This print is by the fabulous q.a. designs...I have it in my bedroom and LOVE it...


3. If I could take a trip anywhere in the world (to a place I haven't been), it would be to Paris. I know. Totally cliche. But seriously, how amazing is it there??? It's on my bucket list.



4. My sweet and hansome hubbs is in his first year of law school, so if I go off the blog grid occasionally, it's probably because I am temporarily insane from being a law school widow.


5. My dream job would be to open my own design firm and help people create gorgeous spaces they can be proud of on a budget. It's so much fun to get an idea and to see it come to fruition...seriously nothing better.

6. Confession time: this blogging thing scares me to death. Why you ask? Because I never want to disappoint anyone and I'm always afraid that I will get too busy to maintain it. (This CANNOT happen, btw, because like so many other bloggers, it's my therapy!) Of course my goal in life is to be able to do everything...kind of like Kelly Werstler...all while looking fabulous. I mean, why can't you prune a tree in an evening gown???



7. I LOVE BLOGGING!!! How great is it that we have a community to share our great ideas and individual talents and be inspired by others in return? It's like a great big sisterhood (sorry dude bloggers...I'm sure you are in the mix too...I {heart} Mr. Bazaar and Nick Olsen)...so happy to be a tiny part of it. YOU ALL ROCK! (c:



I am passing the award to the following of my FAVORITE blogs, however, I know that I am coming super late to the game, so I am in no way expecting them to participate in the passing along (I'm pretty sure all of you have already gotten it), but just know I {heart} you!













5 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Of course you deserve it! And loved your random things. Hang in there, law school does end :) My husband graduated 2.5 yrs ago...
And lastly, thx so muvh for including me in this group. I'm so so flattered :)

Unknown said...

You do deserve it! Say it out loud while looking at yourself in the mirror.
Anyway, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. You are a sweetheart! I am glad we met through this blogging community. And blogging is my therapy too!

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you that I also felt like I didn't deserve it when it was passed on to me. I still have a lot to learn. And thank you for including me in your list. I am so flattered. Have a great day Aubrey!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

You totally deserve it...and thank you for including me!!! Try to enjoy blogging and remember you started it for you, not anyone else. that will help keep it in perspective and from your point of view.

Kelly Krugh said...

Aubrey!

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I am a law school widow too!!! My husband is a 1L also. Really fun times.... ??? Haha

Kelly