Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blast from the Past

I was just messing around on the internet this last weekend...

(*GASP*! I surf the net? And so do you? Weird.)

...and I found this little piece of all around amazingness:

So I did some digging...it's J. Crew. "Yay!" I thought. Then I found out it's from 2009. "BOO! Thumbs down!" I thought.
(after I wrote this little diddy I jumped on my trusty Ebay and found one of these lovelies...and scored it for twenty bones. Aw yeah. Chalk one up for the Aubster. Yep. I just gave myself a college fratboy nickname. YIKES.)

And while I was doing all this deep thinking, I decided to see if I could find any more vintage J. Crew fun...did you know there's a whole blog called The J. Crew Archives??? Yup.

And as you might have deduced from the name, it archives the past several years of J. Crew catalogs and you know I just couldn't pass up the chance to reminisce with an old pal!

Aug 2007...Oh yeah, we totally did this vibe before Tommy Hilfiger.

Gorgeous imagery...duh.

Look at us and our bad selves doing pattern mixing way back in 2007...

Um yeah, we totally already knew red and pink together was the BOMB in 2008.

2009
We totally invented the arm party.

2009
And we loved mint and gray before you.

Oh and that necklace that everyone is completely gaga for? Yeah, we invented that, too...like, before 2009.

After going through all this stuff, I guess that there really isn't anything new anymore...especially if you're J. Crew (c;

19 comments:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

Such a great necklace! I can't believe how current all of these looks are. Makes me want to head over to J.Crew right now!
Elizabeth

Angie said...

Love your post! I had saved a Fall 2008 Lucky Mag & just went through it the other day...I decided to keep it because so much of it still applies! Have a great day!

For All Things Lovely said...

Love this post! SO cute. :) xo.
Meg

www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I could seriously live in a JCrew catalog! love the images!

Unknown said...

This is cracking me up. . .so true about J Crew. Hmmm. Better re-up my magazine from them. xoxo

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

You are the best ebay shopper ever! What fun to take a walk down memory lane with J.Crew...they are definitely style setters!

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

such a great find on such a cute necklace.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Twenty bones!? You totally scored! The J. Crew Archives sounds fun. I'll have to go check it out.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Crazy Wonderful said...

Everything looks like it could be out of a magazine today. Gorgeous! Helluva score on the necklace!!!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Beautiful necklace! Love that you found it for $20! I need to start taking advantage of Ebay...
~Jessica
http://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

LWP (Lonely Wife Project) said...

Ha! This is fab!

Anonymous said...

Love this. How does J. Crew do it?!?! I'm with Sara...I could live in one of their catalogues. xox

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Major score on the necklace! Now I am going to go stalk Ebay for some vintage JCrew goodness. Love the archives, apparently Jcrew knows their shit.

Test said...

Everything is new again... They say!

ashley nicole catherine said...

omg so amazing! i know what i'm doing tonight...also love that necklace!

Lianna said...

Loving all the fall!

White Lacquer said...

Ha ha! This post had me cracking up. Jcrew is def the best ever. You're so lucky you found that necklace. Super jelly.

xx. Patience

whitelacquer.blogspot.com

Kat Tanita (With Love From Kat) said...

always love JCREW! they have the best stuff. so happy I found your blog - I am originally from Arizona!

XO
Kat

www.withlovefromkat.com

Lindsey @ be pretty said...

Girly girl... I'm like you, every time I get an awesome retailer ad in my inbox I save it in a folder!!! It's so fun to go back through... and your right, styles are so parallel to what they once were!