Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What's Cookin'?

I jumped on House Beautiful's site yesterday to catch up on my daily dose of pretties when I see the title "Kitchen of the Year".

It's catchy, don't you think? 

I really can't resist a fabulous kitchen...and I fully intend to have a ridiculously drool-worthy one of my own someday. Dream big, right?


Seriously rockin' pendants...

Gorgeoir butler's pantry...totally need to get me one of these... 


Cute little dining area...

 And the holy-schnikies-come-to-mama outdoor kitchen/dining area...

Sooooo...what do you think?

I'm *completely* sold on all the concepts (butler's pantry, set up, outdoor fabulousness)...but I'm not bowled over by the design. Oh GAWSH. I've become a design snob, haven't I???

I need to go watch some Blue Collar Comedy Tour or something and get that in check (c;

10 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I need that outdoor dining area! That kitchen is amazing. Makes mine look really sad, unorganized and dirty:) Bet they don't have little kids living there!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Good Lord, was that a lighted display case for pots and pans?!?! I'd have to get new pots. No one would want to see the nastiness that is mine ;) I'd go bonkers for that butler's pantry and outdoor kitchen though!

Starr said...

Most of it's pretty bland, isn't it? I love the blue ceiling--that's cool, but otherwise, nothing is screaming awesome to me.

(I would love a butler's pantry, though)

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Kitchen swoon! That second photo makes me week at the knees! So bright and airy, I would cook all day.

Unknown said...

Total snob! Whatever! I don't think the design is that wonderful either. I like some of the elements but am not in love with any one of them. Now go get your red-neck on!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love that room for the pots and pans! But I kind of agree, I am not in awe by any means. It seems a little too sterile for me!!

Alexa said...

Yeah I agree, like the outdoor concept and the little details. But the design could use some help!

emily said...

I am not sure it deserves kitchen of the year -- I mean that's a pretty big title! And happy anniversary!

Lindsey @ be pretty said...

Ummmmm... the built-in pan storage? OMG the hood? Are you kidding me, look at those details, the crisp lines, knife edge counters. I think it's pretty much fabulous. First image got me... in total love! The outdoor dining space is pretty much fab as well! Luvs!

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

Totally speechless! I mean where do you even start on a masterpiece like that?! Love!