Thursday, January 19, 2012

It ain't easy being green...

Unless you are a fantastic pencil skirt on the fabulous Emily, then it's all rainbows and unicorns.

It's no secret that I obsess get attached to ideas easily and then I can't get them out of my head.

Kind of like that LMFAO song Party Rockers...

...dang it if I can't get that song outta my head! It doesn't help that I have two little munchkins that think it is the best dance song *EVER*...I've seen that YouTube music video more times than I care to count. Why yes, I am a terrible mom for letting my children watch that...but it's hilarious to see them "dancing" and yelling "everyday I'm shuffling!!!". (c:

So back to the subject...honestly, I don't know why anyone reads this sometimes...but I became seriously obsessed with this outfit:
And not any less obsessed with this skirt...





Freakin' J Crew.

So since I wasn't going to cough up $120 for their version, I found this on cyber monday for half off and VOILA!

An outfit knock-off was born:


I should've gone for the yellow heels, right? I *knew* it!

Don't worry Emily, I'm pretty sure your status as fashion goddess is safe (c:

23 comments:

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I like your take on it too! The belt is the icing on the cake!

Tamra said...

Love a good pencil skirt, especially that color! work it girl!

Lindsey Regan Thorne @ be pretty said...

Could ya be any cuter? Look at you mama! Loving the look, loving the skirt that you found on cyber Monday. I always forget about the Limited! You look gorgeous! Keep rocking out your style, sunshine!

Alexa said...

She is amazing. I love the color of that skirt!

Lonely Wife Project said...

Score on that skirt!! Your version is fabulous!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Love the skirt, such a wonderful color!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love it on you- it looks awesome! and the belt is perfect... and i love your long hair. :)

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

Love that skirt! And the colour is stunning too!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love this post. My dear your version is fabulous. Don't you love a great bargain!! You look gorgeous, I am green with envy!

winetastegirl.com said...

I love that color! It does look pretty fabulous with the yellow pumps but the ones you are wearing look great also. Cute blog.

White Lacquer said...

Dang it. I want that skirt! Can I have it?

On a side note, what size shoes do you wear? I happen to have some super cute bright yellow heels that look brand new (I wore them once)...but my feet grew with my last baby, and sadly they don't fit. :( but they can be yours!

Xx. Patience

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

LOVE!!!! And, I'll email you my address later so you can send me that belt. Thanks!

Tamsyn said...

You look great!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

It looks so good on you and I love how you styled it with the belt. Rock on!

Minted Magazine said...

So cute. We are "obsessed" too!


Minted Magazine


mintedmag.com

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

you rocked it! great deal on the skirt.

Designwali said...

You look great!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie said...

I'm still in love with the veridian green skirt, too! I keep hoping it will magically go on super sale and I'll have money and we'll all live happily ever after... sigh.

I love yours too, though. Perhaps I should check out Limited this weekend!

emily said...

You look great! And that reminds me that I have that skirt and need to wear it more!

{Hi Sugarplum!} said...

You look great! Love that skirt, and its so flattering on your cute self!!

Hyphen Interiors said...

That is an awesome skirt! I'm kind of obsessing over it now... thanks! :)

Megan {Splendid Design} said...

You look great! I love your outfit! Now if I had something like this for my family photos this weekend.

designstiles said...

Werq it, guurrrl.