Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Don't get all crazy on me, deal???

So I might have mentioned something about my kiddos' bathroom a while back and then may or may not have totally chickened out on showing y'all pictures.
Yep. Chicken.

But then I decided to put on my big girl panties and suck it up. I mean, hey, what's the worst thing that can happen? Besides you all being subjected to my dismal photography skills *AGAIN*.

But this is my super-duper budget make over for the bathroom, for a grand total of 50 buckaroos...for *all* of it.

Shower curtain: $5 at walmart (I know, it's spendy)
Whale decal: Free ninety-nine 'cause I won it, yay me
White towels: $3 a piece (also walmart, you would think since I have a discount here I would just get some nice ones, but no)
Polka Dot handtowels: $4/each from "the Barn"
Blue-Green Frame: $3.97 from the barn as well, clearance bin, baby!
The monogram inside: This might suprise you, but I drew it. Oh it didn't surprise you? I will hope that is a complement and not...the other thing.
Rug: $10 from Home Goods
Silver Box: $12 from PB, it was my splurge (c:
Polka dot bowl: Target dollar ailse, but actually cost me $2.50...what a rip off! (c:
Flowers: One bunch from the Dollar Tree. A whole dollar!






You made it all the way to the end of this post?!? Congrats, you are crazy...but hey, you're in good company (c:

I'm kinda in love with the polka dots.

And once again, sorry about the pictures...and the no natural light in that bathroom...hey, waddaya want??? It's a rental.

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow great deal and it;s adorable to boot! <3

mollymell said...

Hello Aubrey! I think the bathroom looks very cool, and pretty. I love it when people have the skills to make such an adorable space with so little $$$. In my dictionary, this is called good taste. I am in love with polka dots as well.
ps.: when I'm going to see your pretty face/logo following my blog?

Unknown said...

Loved this post- funny, charming and very cute...you did a great job on that bathroom!!

ALR said...

I think you did a fantastic job with $50 bucks. I really like the monogram that you made yourself. You are a crack-up!

Anonymous said...

I love how the polka dot flower pot and hand towels match! Great makeover for so little spent! And great blog - you have a new follower right here. :)

Alicia xoxxo said...

You did a great job!!! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I think you did a wonderful job!! Love, love, LOVE the monogram; what a cute idea! And yay for the pictures! They weren’t that bad, give yourself some credit!! :D

Kayleigh

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Aw it's cute, I bet the kids love it :)

Megan {Splendid Design} said...

Cute, and you did it for $50. I would never be able to do it. The shower curtain in my daughter's bathroom costs $30.

If you go to a free editing program like picassa you can adjust the exposure on the photos and make them lighter.

marcy | a d's nest said...

love to stretch a dollar...and love polkas...nice!

Kristine - A Graceful Home said...

You did a great job! Love the polka dots and stripes!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

It looks fantastic. I'm a sucker for polka dots so you had me! Way to go for $50. I think you should be very impressed with yourself.

design elements said...

wonderful job! i like the polka dots too...

hi-d said...

That's awesome! You made it look great. Good job on the monogram too, by the way.

natasha {schue love} said...

Super cute and functional for the kiddos! Love the cute whale and pops of green!

ashley nicole catherine said...

so cute! and big props for all of that under $50! love the polka dots :)

xo.ashley

Michaela said...

So cute! Perfect for some adorable kiddos (:

designstiles said...

Love polka dots. I think they're so kid friendly. Great color choice too. And best of all, greato price.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love it!! Great work, I think blue and green look so great together!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Haha so funny. I think it's adorable and I LOVE the dots :)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow what a great job you did! It looks so cute and I love the polka dots! Also love the color!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I'm impressed! $50 doesn't go very far these days. The colors you chose are so great, perfect for a kid's bath.

Unknown said...

Very, very nice! I love the colors and polka dots! Perfection! Thanks for stopping by today! I sure miss my reliable internet.

Hyphen Interiors said...

Now that is a makeover on a budget! I love that! And, it looks great. Really digging the polka dots! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today to help Claire.

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie said...

Very cute!! That's so perfect for a little kid - great job!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Love what you have done on such a teeny budget - fab job lady!! xo

Kellie Collis said...

It's lovely! And for the budget, it's a great deal! Enjoy the wonderful day, Kellie xx

emily said...

It looks awesome! I would have never guessed you spent only $50! What a great job!

Unknown said...

very cute!

Lindsey Regan Throne @ be pretty said...

HOW FUN my dear! So pretty and springy! XOXO

Dana Gastelum said...

So cute! That monogram frame is precious!