Thursday, February 3, 2011

Guest Post: A Dose of Pretty!!!

A Dose of Pretty


I am so very excited for you all to see Sara's space from the awesome blog A Dose of Pretty...it's so cool and yet functional at the same time! I found her blog through I Suwanee because her *FABULOUS* bergere chair was featured there...and I've been hooked ever since. She is a doll and you will see what I mean about a fantastic office after this: (c;


Hello! I am so flattered to be here at 
Aubrey's fabulous blog writing about
how I have made spaces in my home my own.
When she asked me to do this I was a bit shocked.
The reason is that our home still needs a lot of work.
(Aubrey: I have to butt in and say that I would move in to her office in a heartbeat...seriously.)

Making my home my own has been a journey,
and sometimes a bit of a hassle because our home changes every
two to three years with my hubby's profession.
So needless to say, my budget is limited for making it my own.
And unfortunately, owning a home is not in our near future.


I am a fan of many styles - traditional, modern, contemporary, rustic, etc.
After looking at a lot of inspirational images I was able
to narrow down my style to eclectic modern which includes some traditional pieces.


I also realized that pattern and color are important to me.
My favorite space in my home has become my workspace.
When I found my $35 campaign dresser/desk
I absolutely knew that I needed to get the For Like Ever poster
I had been lusting over for many years.
After that I searched for pieces in my own home that
could be added to the gallery wall.

 
I will eventually replace my bergere chair 
with the Louis Ghost Chair, but for now this works.
(Aubrey again: That is when I will steal that chair because I am *completely* head-over-heels in love with it! I mean come on, gorgeous b&w with a pop of pink???)

Since this is my workspace where I sew, blog, and craft
I knew I would need a tray to put some accessories
and this way if I need some work space I can easily remove the
tray and make room to work.


My second favorite space is my bookshelf of my collection of design books.
I used to sit in this space and peruse through books and magazines,
but now I have no chair in my nook.


So this is it!
Really our home still needs a lot of tweaking.
I am sure you know what I am talking about if you read my blog.


We have started a furniture fund and it will be so exciting
when I am able to add some beautiful pieces to our home.
The next big purchases are a sofa and dining chairs
maybe even my dream rectangle dining table.


Thank you Aubrey for inviting me to your lovely blog!

See what I mean??? The prints, the pink, the python??? So much to love and so little time!
Absolutely lovely...Sara and the room! (c: Thanks Sara for the office inspiration and can't wait to see the new home in Peru! That's right, I said Peru...if you don't already get A Dose of Pretty in your day, you need to!

9 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Sara has such a knack! Every image she has shared on her blog knocks my heels off.

Sara Mueller said...

Again thank you Aubrey for having me! Have a wonderful day!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Great post Sara- I see you added my favourite Diptyque candle to your collection of pretty...looks fabulous. And Aubrey, happy to have found your blog though Sara.

Ashly@Moon Walk said...

The pink backing to the chair is great!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I just *knew* everyone would love it, Sara! And I totally agree with Chassity...couldn't have been anything but fabulous....(c:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Fabulous post, Sara! I'm loving the tray with all of your accessories. So pretty yet functional. I especially love how you can move it away so effortlessly. Fabulous idea :)

Oh and Aubrey, so happy to have found your blog. It's lovely!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

So cute Sara. All I have to say is that chair better get a new fabulous home. It will be stunning wherever it ends up!

Rachel @ Little Bits of Lovely said...

Sara's home is gorgeous; the bergere chair is so fab and I love how she has accessorised with the pretty trays!

des said...

Love Sara's blog and glad I now found yours as well!