Friday, October 8, 2010

Mom Cave

If you've never read this blog

Centsational Girl
It is a daily must read for me...she is hosting a blog party today!!

So you've heard of the "Man Cave" but what about the "Mom Cave"??? Why should only the men have a place to escape, relax, and do hobbies in a space specially tailored for them??? I don't know about you, but a space where I could kick back in a comfy chair with a cozy throw and all the essentials for relaxing and reading sounds pretty fabulous (any time for myself minus the midgets is a luxury around here!). It would definitely need a desk, like a credenza, so I could do projects and hide all the before mentioned projects' crapola somewhere. (c: And what about some wonderful pictures of things I love on the wall? Gorgeous art work with some great color to it. Ooooohhhh yeeeeaaah...

And some great girlie colors, especially on some great pillows, you *have* to have pillows...and a couple great conversation pieces for when I actually get to invite *my* friends over! What do you think, what would your "mom cave" look like?



This top one just looks so inviting.....






But how fabulous are the chairs in this second one???




And pink just screams "mom cave--keep out" don't you think? (which is a good thing...) Isn't Home Goods AMAZING?!? They want to give away some $$$ to create your own "Mom Cave"! Such a fabulous idea. I need it. *NOW*. (c:




















And here is where I want to put my very own Mom Cave, the cute (and so far SUPER BORING) little corner of our MBR...I've already got the comfy chair that I love...just need ALL THE REST OF IT! (c: *sigh*

8 comments:

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

You certainly chose great pics to post!!

Unknown said...

I love the second pic! There are plenty of neutral spaces in my house, why not have a space that is loud and cheerful like me?? I may need to paint now!

KimMalk said...

I so love that last photo. The walls are perfect and the huge vase is a-maz-ing.

Stephanie said...

LOVE! I need a girlie, pink, colourful fun cave myself! thanks for the inspiration. I follow her blog and now YOUR blog as well!

Signing Out said...

Great space and inspirational photos. Love the pink room!

Jane

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

LOVE your chair! Good luck with the contest :)

Roberta said...

Well you've got a good start because you actually have the room and the chair that you like. So if you win you could sure cozy up this corner. Best of luck, fondly, Roberta
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Nice inspiration photos!! I like pink too. :) You have a great spot for your cave. Visiting from Kate's Mom Cave party. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)